- 1995-2000, Ph.D. in Ideology and Discourse Analysis, Essex University, UK.
- 1994-1995, MA in Ideology and Discourse Analysis, Essex University, UK.
- 1990-1994, BA in Political Science, National Cheng-chi University.
Radical political thoughts, democratization, social movements, neoliberalism, governmentality studies, border/migration, and Cold War studies.
- 2016, “Example and Exception: An Inquiry into Giorgio Agamben’s Political Ontology”, Societas, no. 56, pp. 1-67. (in Chinese)
- 2015, “From “Transition” to “Subject in Transition”: Étienne Balibar’s Interpretations of Historical Materialism’, Social Analysis, no. 11, pp. 107-152. (in Chinese)
- 2015, “Void, Encounter, and Duration: Louis Althusser’s Late Writings on Aleatory Materialism”, Societas, no. 52, pp. 1-61. (in Chinese)
- 2014, 8, ‘Traversing the Dispositif: The Dispute over the Diaoyutai Islands Revisited’, European-East Asian Borders in Translation>. Eds. Joyce C. H. Liu and Nick Vaughan-Williams, London: Routledge.
- 2014, “Poetics: Jacques Rancière’s Historical and Political Writings”, Chungwai Literary Quarterly, 43(4): 17-58. (in Chinese)
- 2014, “Louis Althusser’s Analysis of Social Formation: Overdetermination, Ideological Interpellation, and Class Struggle”, Societas, no. 48, pp. 1-59. (in Chinese)
- 2010. 2. (co-authored with Schive, Hsi-Ping), “introduction” to the Chinese translation of State of Exception Taipei: Rye Field Publications. (In Chinese)
- 2009. 10. Shu-fen Lin, ‘The “Civil Society vs. Popular Democracy” Debate in Taiwan Revisited’, Journal of Political Ideologies, vol. 14, no. 3.
- 2007. 12. “Poststructuralist Discourse Theory and Political Studies” in Ping-Nan Lee ed. Toward an Interdisciplinary Political Studies, Taipei: National Taiwan University. (In Chinese)
- 2007. “Popular Sovereignty” in Liberalism and Taiwan in the New Century, Taipei: Yin Hai-Kuan Foundation.(In Chinese)
- 2006. 12, “Antagonism and Heterogeneity in Ernesto Laclau’s Hegemony Theory”, Taiwanese Journal of Political Science (In Chinese)
- 2006.11. “Passage à l’acte”, introduction to the Chinese Translation of Welcome to the Desert of the Real, Taipei: Rye Field Publications.(In Chinese)
- 2005.3, ‘Popular Sovereignty? Populism, Democracy and the People’, Societas. No. 12. (In Chinese).
- 2005, “Introduction: from enemy to adversay” to Chinese translation of The Democratic Paradox, Taipei: Chiuliu Publications.
- 2004. 03, ‘Michel Foucault on Power Relations and Subject’, Sun Yat-sen Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1，pp. 117~150. (In Chinese)
- 2003. 03, ‘On the Conditions of Possibility for Political Action’, Societas, no. 4. (In Chinese)
- 2003, ‘“Democratization” in Taiwan and Its Discontents: Transnational Activism and Human Right Movement as a Critique’, in Anders Uhlin and Nicola Piper eds, Contextualizing Transnational Activism - Problems of Power and Democracy, London: Routledge.
- 2007. “The Sovereign Recognition and Witness: Review of Naked Life”, Router, no.
- 2006, 3, Review of The Return of the Political , Societas, no. 16
- 2005, 9, Review of Re-Imagining Taiwan: Nation, Ethnicity, and Narrative, Taiwan Democratic Quarterly, Vol. 2, no. 3 。
- 2000, Review of David Kelly and Anthony Reid eds., Asian Freedoms: The Idea of Freedom in East and Southeast Asia (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998), paperback, New Zealand Journal of Asian Studies.
- 2005, Chantal Mouffe, The Democratic Paradox, London: Verso, 2000
- 2007, 6. 16-17, ‘Popular Democracy and Its Frontier(s)’, paper presented at Conditions of Knowledge and Cultural Productions, IACSS Shanghai Conference, Shanghai, China
- 2006. 22-23, “Hegemony”，paper presented in Research Centre for Humanities and Social Sciences, Academic Sinica, Taipei.
- 2005.12.8 Antagonism and Heterogeneity, paper presented in the International Conference on the Reflections on Modernity held in Research Centre for Humanities and Social Sciences, Academic Sinica, Taipei. 。
- 2005. 6.24~27, (coauthored with Hsi-Ping Schive) ‘Taiwan as a State of Exception’, paper presented at Polemos, Stasis: An International Symposium, Yilan, Taiwan, coauthored with Hsi-Ping Schive.
- 2004. 10.17~18, ‘Popular Sovereignty’, paper presented at the Conference on Liberalism and Taiwan in the New Century.
- 2003. 12. 28 ‘Otherwise than the Self’ paper presented at the Conference on the Thought of Michel Foucault, held by the Institute of European and American Studies, Academia Sinica.
- 2003. 12.17~18 The Displaced People of (no)where, paper presented at the Conference on Popular Sovereignty and Constitutional Politics, ISSP, Academia Sinica.
- 2003. 12.13~14 ‘Traversing the Fantasy, Encountering with the Real’, paper presented at the Annual Meeting for Taiwanese Political Science Association.
- 2001.11.28~29 ‘Power relations and Subject: a genealogical approach’ paper presented at the Conference on Citizen and the State, ISSP, Academia Sinica’
- 2000.12.9~10 ‘Articulation and Context’, paper presented at the Annul Meeting of Taiwanese Political Science Association.
- 2000. 8.1~5. ‘Clash or Synthesis? Taiwan Experiences Liberal Democracy’, paper presented in XVIII IPSA WORLD CONGRESS - QUÉBEC CITY, CANADA.
- 2000. 6.21~25 ‘Resistance and Institutions’, paper presented in the Third International Crossroads in Cultural Studies Conference, Birmingham, UK.
- 1999. 7.22~24 ‘Encountering Differences: Feminist Movements in Transitional Taiwan,’ paper presented in Women’s Studies Network (UK) Association 12th Annual Conference, Women & the Millennium: Gender, Culture and Globalisation, University of Warwick.
- 1999. 6.26 ‘The (Im)possibility of Representing Lesbians in the Women’s Movement’, paper presented in the conference on Political Representation, University of East London.
- 1998. 6.28~7.1 ‘Populism and Democracy,’ paper presented in Crossroads in Cultural Studies, Second International Conference, , Tempere, Finland.
- 98/08/01~101/07/31, “The Politico-Ethico-Aesthetic Thoughts of Balibar Badiou, Rancière”, NSC，NSC 98-2410-H-009-034-MY3
- 96/08/01~98/07/31, ”The Readings of Machiavelli by the Left, NSC 96-2414-H-031-011-MY2
- 93/08/01 ~ 94/07/31, “The Ethico-Political Question in Post-Structuralism (II)”, NSC 93-2414-H-031-003-
- 92/08/01 ~ 93/07/31, “The Ethico-Political Question in Post-Structuralism’, NSC 92-2414-H-031-001-.
- 92.01~93.12，Project on Modernity, The Ministry of Education.